Friday, November 21, 2008

Do Not Purchase Wellshire Farms Products

This is astonishing news--and not the good kind!

According to an article in today's Chicago Tribune, Wellshire Farms, who markets their products with "gluten free" labeling, has not been upholding thier safetly standards. Children have been having severe allergic reactions to supposed "gluten free" products. Here is a link to the article:

Children at Risk in Food Roulette

Interestingly enough, I switched my morning breakfast a few months ago to include Wellshire Farms sausages. After eating them I always notice those all too familiar old acid stomach symptoms. I know that I have the symptoms after eating them, but they are labeled "gluten free," so I assumed I may have some other obscure food allergy or intolerance. I have also been suffering from an incurable sinus infection, that despite multiple antibiotics has refused to go away.

I am on my way to return my recent Wellshire Farms purchases now. I have also contacted Whole Foods regarding this issue, I will let you know what I find out.