Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Off The Wagon Already?

Well, it is now day 2 and my food allergy elimination diet is . . . goingish.

Yesterday I expertly adhered to the diet:
Breakfast-chicken apple sausages
Lunch-jambalaya
Snack-allergy free chocolate chips, potato chips (kettle)
Dinner-jambalaya and (gluten free) beer battered asparagus
Cocktail-tequila and cranberry

Today I was not so good:
Breakfast-chicken apple sausages w/ gluten free bread and spinach w/ gluten free margarine
Lunch-hamburger w/ gluten free bread and potato chips (kettle)
Snack-allergy free chocolates
Dinner-hamburger w/ tortilla chips and a bite of leftover jambalaya
Wine-a glass of white (French)

Now, the reasons today's diet was not allergy free, was the margarine, bread and burgers. All contain soy. The problem is that I have all of this gluten free bread and am not yet prepared to let food I have go to waste for this sake.

I guess all I really can do is continue to monitor my diet. Days that I feel better or worse, I can at least gauge what I ate and then investigate. Oh well.