Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 14

Well, day by day my weight has gone down and though my waist measurements are not dropping as drastically as they did at first, I'm feeling much less bloated and am well over 1" and 2" at and below my waist respectively.

Here are some updates:
  • I have been having nutritional yeast for the past 2 or 3 days, from what I can tell, it is not the same as baker's yeast, and has had no adverse reactions.
  • Two nights ago I began phasing in corn products, corn starch at first and then corn chips, I felt awfully icky afterwards though, so I have stopped having corn.
I don't know that I definitely have a problem with corn, in that I would have to avoid it fully and even avoid xanthan gum and derived products, but I just felt kind of "yech" afterwards, so am going to avoid it for not, and have in only in moderation in the future.

My allergies have been nuttso, which seemed to go haywire when I made carmelized onions one night. So after a couple of days I tried them again, and had the same reaction. For now, however, I am not sure if this is being caused strictly by the onions, or if since this is my first Spring back in the South I am suffering from seasonal allergies BIG TIME. I did find that Zyrtec helps, Claritin does not, but I have not been able to call CVS (they are actually generic versions) to verify the ingredients (i.e. no gluten).

Here's what I had today:

Breakfast:
AppleGate Farms Turkey
Bites of Nana's Choc. Cookie

Snack:
Nana's Choc. Cookie

Lunch:
White Rice Noodles w/ Marinara and Chicken Italian Sausage

Snack:
Kettle Chips

Dinner:
Chebe Crust Pizza w/ Marinara and Chicken Italian Sausage
w/ Mustard and Nut. Yeast (cheese)
Sparkling Water and Grape Juice

My latest measurements:
115.6 yesterday 116.4 today (suspect corn yesterday) 30"/31"